Donate Button.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's not been there very long at all.

The site was supported in the past by admin's kindness. There was a bit of fundraising that went on last year as a one off.

Shaun

Founder
It was there for a few minutes whilst I tested a new plug-in to manage donations.

I've turned it off again for the moment because I want to play with it a bit before making it public.

Didn't stop one sharp-eyed CC'er donating though ... ;) ... well done that man!

Cheers,
Shaun :rofl:

Shaun

Founder
Slowgrind said:
How has the site been supported in the past?

I have my own dedicated web server and have previously used the profits of my web design / web directory company to fund CC.

Due to a change in personal circumstances (and the gradual increase in time I need to spend managing CC) the web design arm has been wound down.

I therefore need CC to hold its own, financially, so I'm just in the process of priming it to generate its own revenue.

Nothing big, just a range of small-scale options that should suit most people and most budgets - all of which, I might add, will be entirely voluntary - no pay-per-view here!!!! ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :rofl:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
It was there for a few minutes whilst I tested a new plug-in to manage donations.

I've turned it off again for the moment because I want to play with it a bit before making it public.

Didn't stop one sharp-eyed CC'er donating though ... :blush: ... well done that man!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Blimey, will it be like the Marie Celeste or Brigadoon - there one minute, not the next, we all have to keep watching all the time?:wacko:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Admin said:

Didn't stop one sharp-eyed CC'er donating though ... :smile: ... well done that man!

Cheers,
Shaun :wacko:

Yeah I saw that as well, nice little green colour. I assume when it goes live you will have changed it from Euro's to GBP ?

Shaun

Founder
Tollers said:
Have you thought about refining advertising and setting up some affiliate deals?

We all use the big web based chains, so i think with care you could even make money whilst enhancing the UE. e.g http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/Option/partner

Mark

Yup, that's on the cards.

Once I've got that in place I'm going to add the necessary links to the various revenue generating options and then announce them forum-wide.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

mangaman

Admin said:
Yup, that's on the cards.

Once I've got that in place I'm going to add the necessary links to the various revenue generating options and then announce them forum-wide.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Brown-nosing Shaun again today, I thing it's great here.

I'd like to see voluntary contributions like we had before, rather than universal ads. I suppose it depends on the current costs on Shaun in terms of time and cost in terms of ISP charges etc

Top Bottom