Done it! gone clipless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the weekend I managed to pick up a pair of Shimano spd pedals from a cycle jumble for 3 quid! (okay ignore the £30 petrol and night in a travelodge to visit the jumble as it wasnt exactly local to me) add some cleats from my LBS and a cheap pair of muddy fox shoes and I've gone clipless for about 35 quid bargain, put them on in a break at work and had time for a 2 minute practice and then the 7 mile commute home.......

Managed it with no major clipless moments (yet) what I did find was that it made me read the road better. I approached roundabouts slower so that I could negotiate them sometimes without stopping. overall really pleased and had got the hang of clippling in and out by the time I got home.

obviously I've read the reviews of the muddyfox shose and I know they wont last long but at 22 quid they are serving the purpose at the moment and will upgrade them when I've really got the hang of it.

wisdom

Guru
Well done.
Let me know how you get on with the shoes,I was going to get some for use on my daily commute in all weathers.I intend keeping my best shoes for the roadie though.
Did the shoes seem comfy?

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well done.
Let me know how you get on with the shoes,I was going to get some for use on my daily commute in all weathers.I intend keeping my best shoes for the roadie though.
Did the shoes seem comfy?
They were the grey and green ones priced at £25 but had extra 10 percent off. The original price claimed to be 99 quid - yeah yeah of course they were....

They seemed comfy enough but past comments have slated the velcro I cant comment on how long it lasts as Ive only used them one day. But They seem ok for the money and I relise i will have to replace them by the summer (probably) but have only bought them to get used to clipless, but as a quick fix or a second pair I reckon they are good value for money

billy1561

BB wrecker
Well done going clipless its daunting initially, but well worth it i find. I rode my daughters flat pedal bike to the lbs a while back and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Clipless is so much better.

Linford

I use some shimano MTB ones. They are on the lower end, but are well made, and good enough for my use. Some good deals out there if you look now :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done going clipless its daunting initially, but well worth it i find. I rode my daughters flat pedal bike to the lbs a while back and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Clipless is so much better.

It is a weird feeling after riding clipless for so long .

Mallory

It is a weird feeling after riding clipless for so long .

+1

Almost crashing a Boris Bike when they first came out because i forgot you cannot pull up on the up stroke with flat pedals :wacko:

I find that using speed plays on my road and spd's on my hybrid causes some confusion. Why are spd's such a bitch to click in???

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
+1

Almost crashing a Boris Bike when they first came out because i forgot you cannot pull up on the up stroke with flat pedals :wacko:

I find that using speed plays on my road and spd's on my hybrid causes some confusion. Why are spd's such a bitch to click in???

Never found it a problem tbh and mine are cranked up to the tightest setting.

Top Bottom