don't be palmed off with drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bonj2

andyoxon said:
bonj, you can have internal inflammation without it being visible externally. eg. arthritis, intestinal...etc. Often inflammation is a response to injury of some sort...

not on the top of the kneecap.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

bonj said:
That there is a disadvantage to taking lots of prescription drugs!
I agree. But that statement bears no relation to this thread.

er... well I beg to differ, actually - the whole point of the thread is to recount a story the moral of which is that you shouldn't take drugs just because a doctor tries to prescribe them to you. The reason being that drugs aren't often not the best solution to a medical problem.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

And what do you think doctors learn in their training?

A lot about drugs, because there's so many of them. They probably do learn about knees, but forget it in the same way that I've forgot most physics.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

I remember a friend's weekly recounting of how, during her medical training, they would dissect a different part of a body each week. Particularly relevant was when they got to pull different tendons and ligaments and watch the results.

You see this is the exact thing that a physio will know that a doctor won't, which is why I want to go to one.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

The point I'm making is that a physio will have learnt that stuff and will still know it - because he's practising it day in day out so it keeps in the forefront of his mind, whereas your common or garden GP will have learnt it once in medical school and then never bothered with it ever since and forgotten it.

Top Bottom