Don't forget to..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Check your chain, and in my case your quick links for signs of wear, at least more often than I clearly do :eek:

Luckily I saw this whilst doing some fettling, but it could have been a whole lot uglier :B)

Thought I'd best have a quick check with the wear tool, and as a result this chains now retired from duty. New chain ordered, just hope I get away with everything else as funds are low at the mo :cry:

20190219_145511.jpg

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Not as expensive as a new spleen mind. Glad you didn't tater yourself.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wow. I've never actually seen a chain split like that before.
+1 for having a regular checking regime.

My MTBs chain split like that on a ride. Changing wasn't quite as good as usual, but didn't notice till I got home and cleaned the bike, 20 miles later. :blush:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
What make is that joining link?
I would have thought it was the one that came with the KMC X10 chain when I bought it as I don't recall ever changing it TBH.

[EDIT] having just fitted the new KMC X10 chain I can confirm the quick link was indeed the original KMC one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Argh!!!!! Thought I'd got away with just the chain after a quick pootle round the block.

But! Got geared up this morning, headed out and waddya know, skip, skip, skip

Back home, swapped onto the Marin to get a few miles in anyhow and just ordered a new cadette for the CAAD, oh and thought I'd treat her to some new jockey wheels as well :wub:

None of which is helping my Wahoo fund reach it's conclusion :cursing:

Roll on next weekend now :bicycle:

Top Bottom