Don't go in the water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Dayvo said:
And they're the things YOU SAW!
Goodness knows what was in the water I accidently swallowed.:blush:

wafflycat

Many, many, many years ago, mate of mine was swimming off the coast of Blyth in Norfthumberland & got stung by a Portuguese Man o'War. All this claptrap in the press today about the 'new' threat of killer jellyfish is a pile of twaddle. Portuguese Man o'War have been found in UK waters for years and years

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The biggest animal I ever saw in the water was a reef shark - like a teeny-weeny Jaws about 5 feet long. It was swimming about a yard away from me.:blush:

papercorn2000

It's hardly a fair fight is it? If it was on the bear's manor -ie on dry land, it would hump the shark (and then eat it).

wafflycat

TheDoctor said:
The biggest animal I ever saw in the water was a reef shark - like a teeny-weeny Jaws about 5 feet long. It was swimming about a yard away from me.:blush:

First time I ever went fishing off the NE coast, some bloke on the boat caught a shark. It was about 4-5 feet long and once on the baot proceeded to chomp its way along the deck (and it was a small deck). Cue loads of fishermen & lone fisherwoman (me) leaping on to any bit of the boat above the deck to get out of the way...

TheDoctor said:
The biggest animal I ever saw in the water was a reef shark - like a teeny-weeny Jaws about 5 feet long. It was swimming about a yard away from me.:smile:

The biggest shark I ever saw swam under my rowing boat in a lagoon in Australia. It was twice as long as the rowing boat! There was NOTHING teeny-weeny about it! :blush::eek: :tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Maybe I should have said 'the biggest thing I saw in the water with me'.
It seemed slightly frightened of me and swam off after a bit.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
TheDoctor said:
The biggest animal I ever saw in the water was a reef shark - like a teeny-weeny Jaws about 5 feet long. It was swimming about a yard away from me.:evil:
Errm, Jaws was a Great White. I'd be very impressed (and jealous) if you'd been in the water with a Great White. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:
Many, many, many years ago, mate of mine was swimming off the coast of Blyth in Norfthumberland & got stung by a Portuguese Man o'War. All this claptrap in the press today about the 'new' threat of killer jellyfish is a pile of twaddle. Portuguese Man o'War have been found in UK waters for years and years
Blimey. I take it he recovered, right?
It must have just drifted there, I reckon...they don't have any means of propulsion like normal jellyfish.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Errm, Jaws was a Great White. I'd be very impressed (and jealous) if you'd been in the water with a Great White. ;)

No no no, this was quite small. It just looked 'sharky', you know, the triangular fin sticking out of the water, that kind of thing.:smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
TheDoctor said:
No no no, this was quite small. It just looked 'sharky', you know, the triangular fin sticking out of the water, that kind of thing.:sad:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Looked 'sharky' - like it!!

<annoying tw@t mode>

Not all sharks have the triangular fin though...
this, this one, this and this too are all still sharks... :wacko:

</annoying tw@t mode>

... but I see what you mean. :biggrin:

papercorn2000

My mum's friend claimed to have been swimming off of Aberystwyth and got bumped by a Basking Shark. That would lead to rapid colonic evacuation!
Mind you, I'm not sure I believe the story.

Top Bottom