Don't Times Change ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I'm considering getting rid of mine with Virgin now it's moved upstairs because it had to be plugged into the hub with a connector they sent me.
Thinking about it, only 3 people ever call me on it. I got an answerphone to record messages as I used to work a lot away from home but coming back to umpteen false calls from cold callers....'the other person has cleared etc, just was annoying. Plus I get scammers claiming my Virgin internet has a problem...while I'm using it!. Yep, times are changing, goodbye land line....

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We have a landline but nothing to plug into it. A Trimphone sounds like a good idea.
Quick Q, though. If I do plug a phone in, will all the calls I've not received turn up at once?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We had fibre fitted last year.
BT had to install a new cable from the pole, but refused to remove the old copper cable.
Apparently they aren’t contracted to do that.

So I now have 3 cables running from the pole.
The new fibre one, the old copper one plus a business line that an old company I worked for installed ages ago.

tom73

Guru
We've still got ours though it never get used I'd happy to get rid but Mrs 73 wants to keep it "just in case"
Effectively we don"t pay anything for it as the deal virgin came up with when I threaten to change suppliers.
Includes the cost of the landline as part of the discount.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
No landline for the last few years.

Mobile (Voda') switches automatically between fibre to house router or mobile signal depending on where it is being used in the house. Strongest signal gets used and switching is seamless.

Switched to B4RN from BT and save a fortune each month. Plus much faster Broadband speeds.

BT take the proverbial with their multi-featured phone add-ons.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Our phone landline has gone (as will all within a couple of years) and now have VOIP via router. Just pay for calls you make, which is rare.

We don't pay any outbound call charges via our router. Just use part of our free mobile minutes.

I thought this was the norm?

geocycle

Legendary Member
Our copper wire network is about to go so one of the advantages of the landline, ability to make calls in a power cut goes as well. We will get rid and just use Wi-Fi calling on the mobile.

Top Bottom