1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't try this every day.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Crock of Gold, 18 Jun 2008.

1. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Public meeting with work yesterday. Walked a mile or so across town to the meeting (caught the train in yesterday) in the hot sun. Meeting finishes at 5 with unlimited free wine at the reception. Quaff six glasses in an hour.

Down to pub after for pints. Then home (via the wrong train!). Straight to sleep, forgetting I'd only had breakfast and some fruit during the day.

Woke up this morning feeling atrocious. Could only force a banana and a cup of tea down me for brekkie. Cycled in as per usual, feeling no tiredness as beer still acting as a sedative. Had some fruit and a cake all day then cycled back home.

Only feeling hungry now (rice and chicken curry on the hob).

Moral? Beer and wine is nourishing indeed!

Empty pockets, though.

2. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Impressed? You bet. Cycling after all that:thumbsup: Respect:biggrin:

3. OP
    OP
    Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I got the wrong train by accident. I caught the train from Waterloo to Kingston instead of Surbiton. Kingston is a copule of miles further from my home then Surbiton, which is a mile.

I think, in my fuddled mind, I DELIBERATELY caught the wrong train thinking that the longer walk home would do me good. ;)

4. longers

longers Veteran

That sounds like my kind of thinking.

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Did it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. OP
    OP
    Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

I couldn't even walk in a straight line.

I do walk home the 3 miles from Kingston Town centre sometimes if I go shopping there - takes about 45 mins.

£2 bus fare instead.