Doored.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
That had occurred to me. Indeed, when I was driving a white van with sliding doors recently; the fact that I could stop by the roadside, open the door unnoticed, and then be prepared to step out into the traffic still whizzing past within a foot of the van's side - without being able to give any clear signal ... scary.

Any vehicle with such doors should therefore come equipped with a small warning flag to wave, just before exiting!:tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
Any vehicle with such doors should therefore come equipped with a small warning flag to wave, just before exiting!:biggrin:
...or perhaps some kind of metal "pre-door" which opens outwards into the road, to give cyclists a kind of a warning... :smile:

Pete

Fnaar said:
...or perhaps some kind of metal "pre-door" which opens outwards into the road, to give cyclists a kind of a warning... :smile:
Someone, somewhere (can't quite recall who) is bound to suggest some sort of waldo which stretches a wire horizontally out into the road, just about at neck-height. That'd stop them cyclists...:biggrin::evil::laugh:...dead

Top Bottom