Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So there are retested samples and it's not just a biopassport thing? That would make sense.

Millar on the telly last night seemed to share my bafflement about how a biopassport that is unchanged since 2011 could change from OK to positive. He suggested new analysis techniques.

The person robbed here was Wiggins. This should have been his first GT win. Froome was there as support and only when Cobo attacked on the Angirlu was Froome let off the leash to chase. If Cobo hadn't been able to attack because he wasn't doping, Froome would have followed team orders and Wiggins would have won.

Adam4868

Guru
The person robbed here was Wiggins. This should have been his first GT win. Froome was there as support and only when Cobo attacked on the Angirlu was Froome let off the leash to chase. If Cobo hadn't been able to attack because he wasn't doping, Froome would have followed team orders and Wiggins would have won.
Thats speculation at best ? Who's to Wiggins had it in him to win ? Great stage win from Froome there.

View: https://youtu.be/uT8DdEdhy0A

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've changed my mind. I'm going to start a Cobo is innocent campaign. It's clearly a stitch up. Biopassport? That's what they want you to believe

Adam4868

Guru

DRM

Guru
Without the riders knowledge is the sentence that worries me. So we just need some dodgy Directeur Sportif running a team, perhaps one with a history of doping, whose riders always seem to improve when they join and get worse when they leave.....No I can't think of one either........
My thoughts too, also the bit about being neigh on undetectable

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/teams-divided-over-use-and-risks-of-ketones-at-tour-de-france/

Any thoughts over the Ketone use? It's not technically doping as they're not banned. Pure Placebo??
I stand to be corrected but I thought the evidence for performance enhancement was anecdotal. I'd be interested in the source for "reportedly give a 1.5 per cent performance boost and can significantly aid recovery"

That said if over use can be harmful, and if people are over using them hoping for performance enhancement (and maybe getting a placebo boost), then it's a worry for rider welfare. Especially if teams are requiring/recommending that riders use them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom