Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So Richard Freeman used to be David Millar's doctor and he thinks he's a lovely man and everyone's made lots of mistakes and everyone should be punished but how but all the current young British riders are clean!

Not sure that was the best interview about a doping case that itv4 have ever broadcast.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Not sure that was the best interview about a doping case that itv4 have ever broadcast.

Imlach should have prefaced his first question to Millar with some kind of observation about the conflict of interest Millar has in this case, namely the position of his sister. Or ITV4 should have got another pundit in to deal with that part of the programme. Or both.

If his sister wasn't involved, I think Millar would have been more damning.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Imlach should have prefaced his first question to Millar with some kind of observation about the conflict of interest Millar has in this case, namely the position of his sister. Or ITV4 should have got another pundit in to deal with that part of the programme. Or both.

I'm not so sure. Last I heard, Millar and Brailsford were still friendly.

As you say, wrong person to ask. They've got Daniel Friebe there who might have been a fresh view, or Ned used to do the featurette job around that time so might have an interesting view.

Or they could have ignored it and discussed the race.

Martinsnos

Very good point re his sister, I keep forgetting about her.

On an unrelated point, there was an interview with the ITV4 team and Gary Imlach came across as a thoroughly nice person.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’d never heard of Chris Horner, the oldest ever GT winner at the age of 41. I don’t recall commentators ever mentioning him which makes me think they don’t want to remind us all of something so suspect?!
One of the dodgiest looking grand tour wins in recent times, remember watching that with my son, it was pretty obvious he was on something, Horner, not my son he was only 12 at the time.

coldash

Veteran
One of the dodgiest looking grand tour wins in recent times, remember watching that with my son, it was pretty obvious he was on something, Horner, not my son he was only 12 at the time.
.... and don’t forget the last minute change to the whereabouts system so that when the testers turned up at his hotel the morning after the race, he was on a plane back to the States

i remember one stage in that race when (IIRC) Nibali was chasing him so fast that he nearly overcooked a corner going uphill and still couldn’t close the gap

Top Bottom