Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance C2C 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Entry is now open.

book early if you want the coach.

Brilliantly organised and fun ride, 600 riders MAX

http://www.dsairambulance.org.uk/how-to-help/events/coast-to-coast-cycle-challenge/

Sunday 18th May 2014 will welcome our fourth annual Coast to Coast Cycle Challenge; this event is designed to be a person challenge and is not a race.
The event offers two routes. For those who are not averse to a harder challenge, we have the 54 mile challenge commencing in the historic Somerset town of Watchet, finishing in the beautiful Dorset seaside resort of West Bay. For those who are a little less energetic we have an 11 mile route commencing in the Dorset village of Drimpton and, as per the 54 mile route, finishing in West Bay.
We will, once again, be offering free coach and bike transport from West Bay to Watchet to enable riders to either get to the starting line or to return to Watchet at the end of the day.
Pit stops will be located at Bishops Lydeard, Creech St Michael, Illminster and Drimpton to enable participants to have refreshment and comfort breaks

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Got my entry in early this time :angel:

I won't think about the hills til I've eaten my way through all these mince pies... :whistle::mrpig:

swiftylee

Bloody hell Pete local hill I feel sorry for you...

I do cheddar gorge quite a bit and find that easy compared to yours...

Still have another go this year, a little fitter and a better bike so gonna try and smash it up

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Bloody hell Pete local hill I feel sorry for you...

I do cheddar gorge quite a bit and find that easy compared to yours...

Still have another go this year, a little fitter and a better bike so gonna try and smash it up

The hill next to it is worse.

25% in one place.

I have never done Cheddar, but i think it must be much harder than windy.

I expected it to be sold out by the end of Jan it is such a good event.

152l2

Chaps,

After a mix up with my postal application, the nice people at DASAA confirmed i had 2 places booked (over the phone).
Have any of you recieved anything through the post from the organisers?

152l2

Thanks for the replies. I will keep an eye on my inbox and letterbox.
What is this about cakes? Are they before or after Windwhistle?:heat:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
There are 5 (I think) stops en route. The cakes at the first stop (Bishops Lydeard) and the friendliness of everyone at the Ilminster stop (3rd) are not to be missed. Can't remember what happens after Windwhistle. It's a blank apart from managing to look like a serious cyclist for the photographer on one of the last descents and the cheers of the crowds as you come in to West Bay - if that fails to raise the spirits, there's a good chance that Windwhistle reduced you to the state of "the cyclist formerly known as..." but your legs got stuck in the rhythm of "must get to the top" and kept pedalling all the way to the finish. Chapeau .......... but my sympathies to your loved ones. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom