Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance C2C 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've never ridden Blagdon after 40 miles, only ever in the first 10-15 so hard to compare. I'll refresh my memory with Windwhistle in May then try to work out a similar route to get to Blagdon and let you know!

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran

So

I am either a wimp for not doing Cheddar

Or

A cycling god for being able to get up windy

:whistle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
So

I am either a wimp for not doing Cheddar

Or

A cycling god for being able to get up windy

:whistle:
:laugh:

Cheddar seems intimidating because the cliffs tower so far above you and your eyes are drawn to them, which makes your legs think you've got to cycle up them, but the road meanders a long way before you reach the top.

152l2

with 4 stops and traffic at the start it really is not a race
I wasnt thinking of racing, I just wondered what sort of time people take (the longer i take, the more ice cream time my wife and daughter will have in west bay^_^)

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
I wasnt thinking of racing, I just wondered what sort of time people take (the longer i take, the more ice cream time my wife and daughter will have in west bay^_^)

Around 4 1/2 - 5 hours depending on things.

the first 5 miles or so are a mare with so many cyclists who have never ridden in a group before, after that it gets better.

Last year my wife was busy taking photos of "the body location of Broadchurch" rather than taking them of me going over the finish line :banghead:

swiftylee

My first time on a flat bar road bike last year was 4h 10 mins

Looking to smash that this year... Hopefully

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Thanks Pete. Am sure they've got their reasons but that bit on the main roads around Taunton won't be fun.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Having loaded the .gpx file onto bikehike, I'm happy to announce the good news that there's more descending than ascending...........

Click the thumbnail for the bad!
dsair.jpg

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Just an update.

The road into Ilminster (Cemetery Hill aka spooky graveyard hill) is shut due to subsidence. However, cyclists can get past the closed bit by going (walking) along the footpath. The closed section is only about 50 yards long.

Not sure what DSA are going to do, whether they will have a marshal or not. I have e mailed them to ask.

Top Bottom