1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dotbike.com

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by alicat, 3 Feb 2008.

1. alicat

alicat Guru

Hi

Is there anyone out there who could give me any feedback on dotbike.com before I place an order? Having blundered into placing an order with Bonthrone Bikes, I'm keen not to make the same mistake twice!

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

bonthrone bikes are ok, but they're an LBS that just happens to have a website, not a delivery-oriented company.
    As such their delivery obviously relies on very manual processes

not sure about dotbike. have read good things on here about them though.
    Someone else will probably be along soon to tell more

3. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I've used them once for a small item (bar grips) and they were fine. Not a huge body of evidence I know, but it's a start. :biggrin:

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've used them a fair bit. In fact, I've had such good responses from them when I've approached them that I lalways look there first now when I'm after something.

I would highly recommend them. A small business run by enthusiasts who know what they're talking about.

5. llllllll

llllllll New Member

I've used them several times, no problems, good prices, quick delivery, can't fault them.

6. jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery Über Member

Used them a fair bit and can't fault them, they seem to be a major distributor for BBBParts whom I rate rather highly as their kit is good, well priced and unpretentious - he says sat at his desk still dressed head to toe in Assos :tongue:

7. alicat

alicat Guru

Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback. I like BBB kit too so I might add some overshoes to my order. Having photos of the staff on the website and offering the opportunity to pay offline seem like good signs so I'll go ahead and order.

8. Gandalf

Gandalf Über Member

One of the things I take an interest in as a punter is how a company responds when something goes wrong, 'cos with the best will in the world mistakes will happen.

When they inadvertently sent me the wrong item they dealt with it courteously and promptly, they didn't even wait for me to return the wrong item.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.

9. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Several times now they've trawled their distributors to find items for me that aren't on their site.

It's an excellent company.