Double posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
@Shaun I reported the problem to the moderators, and asked for the duplicate conversations to be deleted. I invited the moderators to the conversations so you should be able to see them. I kept getting the following message, but the PM posted anyway:
[snip]

Unforunately conversations don't work like forum threads and you cannot delete individual replies like you can thread posts; even if you invite moderators into the conversation. I'm hoping this will change in a future update of the software. :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Double posts are back. Even refreshing the page is no guarantee it won't happen.
Coming out of the post, having copied the post(just in case), and then going back into the thread seems to work.

Falco Frank

Veteran
Creating a thread this morning, the editing screen didnt clear so I thought I hadnt hit the button right - hence did it again, creating THREE threads....

Just seen creating a post is now doing similar.

perhaps copy longer posts before refreshing the screen ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
From a mod point of view the most hilarious one for me this morning was someone reporting someone else's double new threads managed to create 3 duplicate Report threads:laugh:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I'm getting a delay (possibly just a nothing happening) when posting or editing posts. I've ended up with one double post (which I then deleted) because I assumed nothing was happening and hit 'post reply' a second time. I'm not getting double posts without making it do something myself. As mentioned up thread, hitting refresh works (although I copied my post in to memory first in case it disappeared).

Top Bottom