Double posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
OK, not getting either of those (Win 7 PC running Explorer 11) I think when I deleted the duplicate it appeared to delete both posts, but a refresh showed one remaining.

I've been getting the double posts problem too.
When I attempt to Delete one of the duplicate posts, both posts get deleted.
If you go to previous page via the link of the recovery page it will show both as missing. If you then refresh the page one of them should still be there.

Shaun

Founder
I've given the box a good thump and it should be back to normal now. :okay:

I'm still on the trail of the problem but CC is a complicated little beasty behind the scenes and I have to wait quite a while after each change to see if it has been effective or not (obviously not in this case!).

If you can continue to report the double-posting in this thread each time it happens I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is always because the screen fails to update after Post Reply is clicked so the button ends up getting clicked 2 or more times. If you manually refresh the screen after posting, you find that your post had been made after all. I would be interested to know why this keeps happening!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It is always because the screen fails to update after Post Reply is clicked so the button ends up getting clicked 2 or more times. If you manually refresh the screen after posting, you find that your post had been made after all. I would be interested to know why this keeps happening!
That's what I thought until one of the recent times when someone fed the gremlins after dark and I hit reply once, only to see double posts. I rubbed my eyes, looked at something else to refocus them, cleaned the laptop screen, but no, definitely a double post.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's what I thought until one of the recent times when someone fed the gremlins after dark and I hit reply once, only to see double posts. I rubbed my eyes, looked at something else to refocus them, cleaned the laptop screen, but no, definitely a double post.
Mouse button bounce? :whistle:

Perhaps if the forum software does not respond quickly enough it is possible to click Post Reply a second time before the first has been registered?

I think @Shaun would love to know why it keeps happening as well... if you get to the bottom of it @ColinJ ...
Well, he must have some idea because he keeps fixing it! :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The way I get round it is to realise that it has been posted even though it doesn't seem to but TBH this time I wasn't sure if it was just me having gone through the windows 10 upgrade (xx() and then returned to good old 7 successfully. :wahhey:

Top Bottom