Double sided spd pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
So I finally got some MTB style spd shoes for forty quid (on special at local LBS) so now I need pedals.

I'm guessing double sided pedals might make things easier? Or do standard spd always sit the right way up when unclipped?

The going price for double sided spd pedals on eBay (Outland?) appears to be £30. The lbs has random brand pedals for £40.

Does anyone have a set in the bottom of a box somewhere that they would like to convert to cash, or should I stop being a cheapskate and go buy the lbs pedals?

djb1971

Legendary Member

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I have THESE on my commuter and find them okay, the spd part can not be the right way up when taking off from lights, but manageable.
THESE are on my Cube and love them, have to change shoes though if I wish to pop the shop on it

defy-one

Wiggle are doing those for £18.99

Drago

Legendary Member
Keep en eye on ebay. 520's often go for sub £15 new. 520's are good, effective, and reliable. 540's better still, thought you pay for the privilege.

I'm a heathen who uses normal MTB pedals on road bikes too, simply so i can use any of my shoes on any of my bikes.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Really?? I have the same on mine and ride them almost all the time with standard trainers, whether that's down to the offy or a 75 mile road ride.

Stu

No I couldn't ride a bike with double sided spd's in trainers, personally I think it's a bit silly to even try to go the shops and dangerous for longer rides

Cyclist33

We must have very different trainers, then! I think it's equally silly to put a pair of SPD shoes on to ride to the local kwik-e-mart.

Stu

Top Bottom