Double Standards - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I was out doing some distance cycling at the weekend, getting myself improved after a keg break back in April.
I decided to visit a WW2 USAAF museum in the locality. Went through the gate, disinfected my wheels as requested by the notice about avian flu prevention and cycled along the old concrete road to the museum.
When I got there, I was told by the farmer, in no uncertain and very cultured tones that the road wasn't a bridleway, but a footpath and I shouldn't have been riding my bike along it.
I didn't argue the point, but this is a road I've cycled on to the museum building many time before without challenge and was rather puzzled about a designated footpath which allows both farm traffic AND private cars on it when anyone is visiting the museum; but I'm not allowed to cycle along it - ! :whistle:

Globalti

Legendary Member
He's talking out of his cultured bottom.

Tiger10

Über Member
Look it up. If it's a footpath then he is right bikes and cars wouldn't have a right of way. Whether he is cultured or rough as a bears axse is immaterial and discriminatory. If on the other hand it is a bridleway report him.

Johnno260

Veteran
I was torn into by a horse rider recently, it's a cycle/footpath and the section we were on had no horse riding signs up, the rider bellowed at me for having a flashing light it was spooking her horse.

I covered the light and said sorry but it says no horse riding on this section, she went utterly mad on me, I wasn't polite in return, some people just have to complain I think.

Top Bottom