Double video cameras

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by BentMikey, 30 Oct 2007.

1. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

I'm a bit worried about the battery time of your setup Magnatom. I reckon I need about 3 hours really.

2. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

It's funny you should mention that. There is a version of the microprocessor board that I use that is designed to be sewn into clothing...

[​IMG]

It can even be washed!

3. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Thinking about it, a chip is just a load of components linked by wires (in very basic terms). So you could theorectically knit the wire runs into a garment, allowing the cable to run across and through the fabric, and have them connect to the components, a bit like beads sewn on. Obviously, it wouldn't be 'micro' at all... Would be a fun and silly project. If only I knew sod all about microchips...

4. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Brilliant! You could wire up one of your woolly animals with the ultrasound sensors. Drivers would just think we were being cute, having a woolly animal on the bike. In fact we would be lulling them into a false sense of security, testing how close they were getting. They wouldn't suspect a thing.....mhwaaa ha ha ha ha! :blush:

5. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

The double camera gives an amazing outlook on the situations as they occur. If only I had the money... lol!

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Tim,

I was just thinking about your suggestion of the lasers pointing sideways. You'd have to be very careful how you did that, because you could probably get done for shining lasers at drivers causing a distraction.

Keep us informed of your progress with the ultrasound sensor. I would be really keen to give this a go myself!

7. mcd

mcd Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the Archos setup too.

Is the 405's storage of 2GB + whatever SD card is in the slot enough? It seems small compared with the 404's 30GB disk. It could be possible that the limiting factor is battery life - does anyone know how the battery life of the 405 would compare with a similar-ish device (e.g the 404 or 605) with a hard disk?

8. mcd

mcd Well-Known Member

Excellent - resentful people could sew one on between the top of a sleeve and the collar! :blush:

9. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

'The root cause appears to have been the front camera coming off its
    mounting (which had been somewhat loose and on subsequent inspection
    turns out to have had a crack). The camera seems to have fallen into
    the front wheel.'

tee hee

10. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

I've just come across this thread - a thought immediately came to mind of a story last year discussed on C+: the distance sensor thing was used in research by Dr Ian Walker to see if there was a relationship between the closeness and perception of who was riding....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/5334208.stm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice