Double video cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

Arch said:
Oh, right, yeah, dead simple...

Can I knit one?

It's funny you should mention that. There is a version of the microprocessor board that I use that is designed to be sewn into clothing...

wearablesmainboard01maf7.jpg

It can even be washed!

Arch

Married to Night Train
PrettyboyTim said:
It's funny you should mention that. There is a version of the microprocessor board that I use that is designed to be sewn into clothing...

wearablesmainboard01maf7.jpg

It can even be washed!

Thinking about it, a chip is just a load of components linked by wires (in very basic terms). So you could theorectically knit the wire runs into a garment, allowing the cable to run across and through the fabric, and have them connect to the components, a bit like beads sewn on. Obviously, it wouldn't be 'micro' at all... Would be a fun and silly project. If only I knew sod all about microchips...

Arch said:
Thinking about it, a chip is just a load of components linked by wires (in very basic terms). So you could theorectically knit the wire runs into a garment, allowing the cable to run across and through the fabric, and have them connect to the components, a bit like beads sewn on. Obviously, it wouldn't be 'micro' at all... Would be a fun and silly project. If only I knew sod all about microchips...

Brilliant! You could wire up one of your woolly animals with the ultrasound sensors. Drivers would just think we were being cute, having a woolly animal on the bike. In fact we would be lulling them into a false sense of security, testing how close they were getting. They wouldn't suspect a thing.....mhwaaa ha ha ha ha! :blush:

Tim,

I was just thinking about your suggestion of the lasers pointing sideways. You'd have to be very careful how you did that, because you could probably get done for shining lasers at drivers causing a distraction.

Keep us informed of your progress with the ultrasound sensor. I would be really keen to give this a go myself!

mcd

I'm interested in the Archos setup too.

magnatom said:
It might be worth looking at the new 405 as this records to SD cards and not hard disk. This might be better for the rough and tumble of a daily commute.

Is the 405's storage of 2GB + whatever SD card is in the slot enough? It seems small compared with the 404's 30GB disk. It could be possible that the limiting factor is battery life - does anyone know how the battery life of the 405 would compare with a similar-ish device (e.g the 404 or 605) with a hard disk?

Tynan

Veteran
'The root cause appears to have been the front camera coming off its
mounting (which had been somewhat loose and on subsequent inspection
turns out to have had a crack). The camera seems to have fallen into
the front wheel.'

tee hee

Top Bottom