Down in the......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Dumps!

For some reason im really fed up at the moment. I cant put my finger on what it is but i just feel really tired and irritable.
Usually riding into work on my bike for 12 mile clears my head and puts me in a decent frame of mind but for the past few days i just cant shake the feeling of despondency.
Im usually quite an upbeat and relaxed guy but this past week i would quite happily have crawled into a corner and fallen asleep.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to cheer me up?

;)

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Know the feeling GTGF, (why I'm posting at this hour !!)
I would have thought you were over the moon with ya new 'baby' 928 though !
Think positive, get out on ya bike, or have you just done a few night / odd hour shifts ? That pees you off.
If your feeling peckish, go do yaself a cheese n tommie omelette, that always cheers me up.
And if you are really bored you could always take the dog that is looking at me with his big sorrowful eyes right now, out for a walk !!!

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

I think you might be right Elmer, the shifts are just the most depressing thing in the world.
Im a manager and have an office to myself away from the shop floor guys. No-one ever visits my office and so it can get pretty lonely
Too much time on my own, too much bad coffee, too much stress (my job is usually trouble shooting) Too much bad food, too much paperwork, my mates are all in glasgow watching a verve concert and getting drunk....!

Think im going to drink the photocopier toner and see if i can get high off it...............;)

got-to-get-fit said:
I think you might be right Elmer, the shifts are just the most depressing thing in the world.
Im a manager and have an office to myself away from the shop floor guys. No-one ever visits my office and so it can get pretty lonely
Too much time on my own, too much bad coffee, too much stress (my job is usually trouble shooting) Too much bad food, too much paperwork, my mates are all in glasgow watching a verve concert and getting drunk....!

Think im going to drink the photocopier toner and see if i can get high off it...............:smile:

Less of the co***e, more tea would help ;)

mondobongo

Über Member
GTGF is there no opportunity for you to get down on the shop floor for a short spell during the shift. Have done the trouble shooting up in the office gig and it does get very lonely. I used to to find getting down on the gaming floor and speaking to a few people having a coffee used to do me the world of good and breaks up the monotony of the office jobs.

For me when the opportunity arose I got a Managers gig back out with the people and am far happier, offices suck.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
got-to-get-fit said:
Too much time on my own, too much bad coffee, too much stress
I had a job where I was frequently home alone so to speak. Enjoyed it when "my" press was running as had interaction with the press crews.
When it wasn't running, boy oh boy, was it a drag, as you say, too much time on your own (I sometimes did an 18:00 'til 06:00 night shift and wouldn't see a soul ;))

Top Bottom