Downloading Pinterest photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I have seen a cycling photo on pinterest that I would like to use for my facebook cover photo. Does anyone know if downloading photos from pinterest for personal use is legal?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If you have the option to download, go ahead. The owner can only ask you to take it down. I saw a nice photo on someone's FB page of the lightening storm, so I just did a screen shot and cropped out the icons.

I have seen a cycling photo on pinterest that I would like to use for my facebook cover photo. Does anyone know if downloading photos from pinterest for personal use is legal?

No, it is not legal even though most people do it. You must remember that Pinterest doesn't own the images, it only organises them and everyone that posts to Pintrest has already stolen the photos. There are a few exceptions where people have posted their own photos which others have then Pinterested, but the minute you use the photo, you have stolen it.

Pixabay is one place where you can get free photos which are legal and in the public domain.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
No, it is not legal even though most people do it. You must remember that Pinterest doesn't own the images, it only organises them and everyone that posts to Pintrest has already stolen the photos. There are a few exceptions where people have posted their own photos which others have then Pinterested, but the minute you use the photo, you have stolen it.

Pixabay is one place where you can get free photos which are legal and in the public domain.
Ok thanks good to know

Top Bottom