Dowsett smashes uk 10 record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
That's a gorgeous bit of road, A11 there has a really nice surface lovely and smooth. You also get really nice draft surfing from the cars & lorries doing >55mph.

screenman

Legendary Member
That's a gorgeous bit of road, A11 there has a really nice surface lovely and smooth. You also get really nice draft surfing from the cars & lorries doing >55mph.

So no doubt did most of the people who held the record before him.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So no doubt did most of the people who held the record before him.

Considering the last 2 comp records and the courses they were set on.

Levens (Wiggo's Comp Record) has a gift hill and a very large RAB that can be taken on the tribars at very high speeds.

V718 (Hutch's Comp Record) is simply rapid as fark... nice surface, relatively sheltered, enough traffic for a tow without being too heavy as to be dangerous, SUPER fast finish section and if you you get a tail wind on the return you get pushed 6 mile since the return is further than the out leg.

Fast courses and fast conditions are simply part of the comp record breaking recipe.

screenman

Legendary Member
Rob, I have rode the 718 many times, it never got easier.

Regardless of other factors it is bloody fast time and full credit to him.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Rob, I have rode the 718 many times, it never got easier.

Regardless of other factors it is bloody fast time and full credit to him.

I was agreeing with you, and giving some background for those not familiar with the courses, I know you have been around the block a bit :tongue:

Stephen C

Über Member
I assume that there is a bit of luck involved with traffic on the roundabout at the turn around? I live nearby and commute over the Four Went Ways roundabout every day and it is never quiet.

It is a brilliant achievement, inspiring me to (consider) taking the plunge and having a go!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I assume that there is a bit of luck involved with traffic on the roundabout at the turn around? I live nearby and commute over the Four Went Ways roundabout every day and it is never quiet.

It is a brilliant achievement, inspiring me to (consider) taking the plunge and having a go!

Yes, however events are not run at commuter hours :tongue: so it is more a case of not having any bad luck than needing good luck, events run on courses where during a risk assessment process the traffic count does not exceed a certain level at the time and date when an event would be run.

He destroyed the record to the degree that he would have had to have had some real bad luck on the turn to stop him getting the record.

Top Bottom