Dr. Who

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I recall hiding behind the sofa as the
<snip>

So many people say this of Dr Who that it's become a cliché. But I wonder - did anyone really hide? Behind the sofa or elsewhere?

If anyone had to hide from used toilet rolls and sticky backed plastic then I'm stunned they've lived to be an adult! ;) Personally, I loved the cybermen and their shaving foam deaths. Cool. :becool:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It is a kids' programme, let's not forget that. Having said that, I think Matt Smith is okay although I liked both Tennant and Ecclestone better (albeit in differnet ways). But I don't like Steven Moffat's overall approach (although he was fine as a writer of individual episodes) and I much preferred Russell Davies. And, as Arch said, the music is particularly bad right now from the current theme through to the incidental music.

yello

It is a kids' programme,

In the same way that Harry Potter are kids' books ;)

I think some of the asides and one-liners were/are aimed at an adult audience, though I have to be honest and say that I haven't watched it for years. But, yes, point taken. It's hardly high brow stuff and one ought judge it accordingly.

Arch

Married to Night Train
In the same way that Harry Potter are kids' books ;)

I think some of the asides and one-liners were/are aimed at an adult audience, though I have to be honest and say that I haven't watched it for years. But, yes, point taken. It's hardly high brow stuff and one ought judge it accordingly.

Maybe, but the point is that I, like others here used to enjoy it as adults, and don't now. So whether it was aimed at us or not, we saw something in it, that's missing now....

yello

I agree Arch. I'm one such adult that enjoyed it (as light entertainment) but find little in it to interest me now.

yello

2460856 said:
There is stuff in Harry Potter aimed at adults?

:laugh: No idea! I've not read any. I've seen plenty of adults reading it so I can only guess that there's something in there for them!

gavgav

Guru
I thought this was the weakest series since it returned to our screens in 2005, but I enjoyed last nights finale and the 50th anniversary episode in November is something to look forward to.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
<snip>

So many people say this of Dr Who that it's become a cliché. But I wonder - did anyone really hide? Behind the sofa or elsewhere?

If anyone had to hide from used toilet rolls and sticky backed plastic then I'm stunned they've lived to be an adult! ;) Personally, I loved the cybermen and their shaving foam deaths. Cool. :becool:

..erm..yeah! totally....right behind the sofa...for the entire show...

on the road

Über Member
I thought this was the weakest series since it returned to our screens in 2005, but I enjoyed last nights finale and the 50th anniversary episode in November is something to look forward to.
I agree, this series has been a bit of a let down, it's like they're running out of stories.

Top Bottom