Drafting? Who needs drafting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
Is Tanya the rather pretty far eastern looking girl that's been on a couple of rides?

When I was going flat out after Ditchling a few Brightons ago, in my natural arena of big bloke with pannier on gentle descent, ripping up the outside in the low to mid 30s ish, I saw someone latch on out of the corner of my eye and stay there, as I slowed slightly to try and work how to pass the lead group, all going fast with a bloody bent making a nuisance of itself, the person turned out to be a sweet voiced young woman who said, into my ear with no apparent loss of breath 'lets get them!'

was that Tanya? she was in some orange/tan/grey kit on the day

please don't tell me there's more than one girl that quick

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tynan said:
Is Tanya the rather pretty far eastern looking girl that's been on a couple of rides?

When I was going flat out after Ditchling a few Brightons ago, in my natural arena of big bloke with pannier on gentle descent, ripping up the outside in the low to mid 30s ish, I saw someone latch on out of the corner of my eye and stay there, as I slowed slightly to try and work how to pass the lead group, all going fast with a bloody bent making a nuisance of itself, the person turned out to be a sweet voiced young woman who said, into my ear with no apparent loss of breath 'lets get them!'

was that Tanya? she was in some orange/tan/grey kit on the day

please don't tell me there's more than one girl that quick
The eastern bit doesn't ring a bell, nor does the kit - but I only had eyes for her pedalling style which was so correct that it made a mockery of my own rather grungy grinding.

All I can say, Tynan, is that if you ride to Whitstable you'll appreciate the seascape all the more for the frieze of girls.............

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, probably! I don't think I would have been able to keep up with him had I been on an upright. I do recall loud exclamations on many big group rides, usually "Oh Fcuk!!!!" after passing cyclists. Plenty of room and all that, just they didn't look back enough and didn't hear a car coming. Usually followed by a standing up on the pedals trying to catch up on a downhill.

Having an expensive superbike with tremendous aerodynamics, it often is about the bike, and not my relatively lacking fitness:

3878648500_4838915706.jpg

Top Bottom