Drago & Chums are go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Neither of them are @Drago
And the poor people who live at Billing Aquadrome what a Christmas:sad:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I live about a mile from there, but uphill from it and know some folk who have mobile homes there.
Billing Aquadrome floods on a regular basis as it is low lying and right beside the River Nene.
What a time of year for it to happen, yet again, though 😔

Drago

Legendary Member
No, that's not me. I used to be with Northants SAR, but I'm now with Warwickshire SAR. I know all the people pictured though.

As a related aside, I was the community beat officer for the Asbodrome and Little Beirut for 6 years. A lot of the 'permanent' residents are villains from other parts of the country who are clever enough not to want to live where they work, and it was part of my job to keep tabs on them.

As for the Drome itself, it's a terrible flood risk. Even worse, people actually live in it when theyre only supposed to use it as holiday accommodation. It floods like this every 20 years of so, and a lesser partial flood of the site can be guaranteed every 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As for the Drome itself, it's a terrible flood risk.

A clue might be in the first part of the name - aqua.

As regards the populace of some caravan parks, we've had similar on my patch.

One of the more successful druggies was arrested with the keys to two mobile homes.

The Proceeds of Crime team found one of the homes, but only because the original criminal investigators had followed him to it.

That one was seized, but they were simply unable to find the second home, so he got to keep that one.

At least he had a roof over his head for when he'd finished his stint being looked after by Her Majesty.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
@Drago caught in action

action-man-sea-rescue-3.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The inflatable shown in the photo on post #1 looks really weird. It's got noodle thin tubes and virtually no freeboard at all. Does anybody know why?

He looks deep in thought ! :whistle:

Top Bottom