Drago's annual M.O.T. sweepstake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its that time of year. MOT day tomorroe, and ypu all get to place hypothetical bets on a pass, fail, and asvisories.

For thos that don't know, its a late 2008 XC90 (R Design with Dynaudio HiFi, summer, winter, comms and family packs, doncherno) that has just pipped 145,000 miles. Full Volvo history, aside from the latest service which I did myself.

Last M.O.T. was 900 miles ago with zero advisories.

So place your bets. A clean pass? A narrow fail? Four cars welded together?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Leaking shock absorber.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Leaking shock absorber.
Oooh, Nivomats too. Expensivo :sad:

I think it may get an advisory on the tyres, as the fronts are down to 3mm so effectively shagged. Theyre nearly 200 quid a corner (255's on 19" rims) so ill hang on until the January sales, which will only be another few hundred miles for me. Probably go for cross climates.

It was nice of my Step Mum to leave the car to me, but its an expensive liability sometimes!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
900 miles. That's all it's done? :wacko:

Want to swap for a 2008 Pug Tepee that's doing 18-20,000 miles a year between races. No electrics except the windows so nothing major can go wrong. One previous careless old lady owner, many dents and scrapes, 153000 miles? Thought not :laugh:

Definitely shock absorber, but they'll use the word 'misting' oh hang on that's the word the sales droid at Carpfit use, so the MOT tester actually won't be bothered.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
145000 miles - effing amateur. I ran a V90 straight 6 to 190000 and only sold it (to a retired volvo mechanic) due to the labour cost of a head gasket change was going to be twice as much as the car was worth.

Splits in tyres. Brake hoses. Wear in ball joints !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Now't, it should sail through. If only Volvo's were as reliable as Nissans. You might have square tyres with all those lack of miles though !

Top Bottom