Dreadful Day's Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congratulations! You achieved what 99% of the UK's population could never achieve and you learned a hell of a lot about yourself and about cycling.

You will be fitter, stronger and more experienced on your next ride.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Congratulations! You achieved what 99% of the UK's population could never achieve and you learned a hell of a lot about yourself and about cycling.

You will be fitter, stronger and more experienced on your next ride.

Thanks Globalti, I have concluded that (and I'm paraphrasing here): "A bad day on the bike is better than a good day in the office". :sun:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Back in the saddle today, quick 25 miler with Col5632 up to Kinross and over Cleish hill from the North - passed a few of the Kinross Sportive guys still going strong (nice day for it) - so good couple of hours on the bike, good weather and good company - ahhhh, that's better!

Col5632

Guru
Back in the saddle today, quick 25 miler with Col5632 up to Kinross and over Cleish hill from the North - passed a few of the Kinross Sportive guys still going strong (nice day for it) - so good couple of hours on the bike, good weather and good company - ahhhh, that's better!

Was a great day for it, I think if i had done more cycling during the week i would have lacked a bit :laugh:

Legs are feeling it today but i couldnt not cycle to work :laugh:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I had a dreadful day yesterday, worst day on the bike so far - decided to go out and "try" some hills in prep for the Etape Caledonia - didn't feel right from the off but decided to push through it, went up through Dunning Glen and coped, was ok up to about 30 miles but then climbed back over by Path of Condie - avoided the 12% hill only to encounter a 1:8 instead! Managed up it (slowly) but then ran out of energy and puff, made my way back down to Milnathort and a very slow ride back to Kelty where, I'm ashamed to say my wife phoned (as I'd been out a lot longer than expected) and offered to pick me up and I readily took her up on the offer :blush: - first time ever. I WOULD have made it home under my own steam but the last 10 miles would have taken me at least an hour, so I gave in.
What you achieved is not giving up, its known in my neck of the woods as "knocking y'pipe out":highfive:
I was cold most of the way round (a bit underdressed for the wind and temp) and I don't think I stopped enough at the beginning to eat/drink which all contributed. Was a bit demoralised yesterday but have decided to put it down as just a bad day (hopefully). I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experienced a crap day, unfortunately I couldn't put it down to a mechanical failure - just a physical one! Look forward to better days ahead.

Top Bottom