1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream job here I come!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Frazer, 24 Sep 2007.

1. Frazer

Frazer New Member

Well, I may (fingers crossed) be working in a bike shop soon woohoo!! Will cover the bills/ debts that i seem to be racking up extremely quickly at uni, but unlike my friends who work in supermarkets and hate their jobs, this is an awesome job, as a sales assistant/mechanic. Actually, its not just the money and chance to learn a lot about bikes im most looking forward to...its the staff discount :biggrin:

The only downside is the shop has a major penchant for Orbea bikes which im not the greatest fan of, but i think i can live with that

2. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

So where is this bike shop? Who is the lucky local forum member that will benefit from your staff discount generosity?

3. OP
    OP
    Frazer

Frazer New Member

well its in Bristol, i hear theres a fair few members out that way. I wont say too much just now in case theres any lurking manager types out there and i put my foot in it by being too presumptuous (spelling??). Am just playing the waiting game now but im fairly confident...

4. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Hmm I think you might have given away which shop it is.... not my local LBS but one I pass on a regular basis.

5. Get yourself an Orbea Orca Frazer...(99% staff discount?!?!) It's the thinking man's/woman's Trek Madone :biggrin:

Enjoy your work.:biggrin:

6. vbc

vbc Guest

'Bike' on Queen Street I think, bought a Marin there years ago.

7. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Thats great, I will pop in next time I am in the vicinity!!!

8. I was once the manager of that shop.

Ope it goes owrite fer ee moi babber.

Bissent let the appeal of staff discounts get in the way of getting a proper job lessen ee get stuck there for twenty yurs loik I.