Dream of touring over? . . . for now?

Magna

Help.

I've been awaiting the announcement from my employer of the ride to work scheme. This is where you apply for a voucher for a bike and accessories up to £1k and you pay by salary sacrifice (monthly payments taken before tax is subtracted, interest free, enabling savings up to 50%).

So I've been eyeing up the Dawes Galaxy (ultra) at Evans cycles, the only bike store I've seen to advertise this scheme. Bad news: apparently my employer has only struck the deal with Halfords which don't appear to have heard of a touring bike!

I come to you and ask if there is any solution; be it using the voucher to cobble together a tourer and utilise these potential vast savings or has anyone any knowledge of this ride to work scheme allowing me to transfer the voucher to another bike store?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...yId_33980_langId_-1_top_Y_topCategoryId_33980

Was hoping this voucher thing would get me on the roads in time for spring but would have to wait some time to wait for the bike I really want.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Get the admin bureaucrats in your firm to extend the scheme to Evans. It only requires somebody to knock out a letter. Just lobby somebody who has enough clout i.e. take it to the top.

andygates

Halfords can order a surprisingly large range of bikes. Mainstream manufacturers only, but there's plenty of decent kit out there. You need to talk to a better Halfords person.

U

User482

My work scheme is Halfords only, yet I managed to get me a very nice Giant Trance, even though they don't sell Giants. Give them a call - I seem to remember they could get most mainstream brands. Would be surprised if they couldn't get Dawes.

OP
M

Magna

You can order any bike up and not exceeding (even with your extra cash) £1000. Just had the documents through.

Now I just have to worry about what size to get, I have no idea although I'm quite averagey for a young male at 5' 9.5". Any advice on getting sixed up for a bike I'll unlikely get to sit on?

Tony

Go to E*ans. Buy something, and get sized while there...

Top Bottom