Dream of touring over? . . . for now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Magna

Help.

I've been awaiting the announcement from my employer of the ride to work scheme. This is where you apply for a voucher for a bike and accessories up to £1k and you pay by salary sacrifice (monthly payments taken before tax is subtracted, interest free, enabling savings up to 50%).

So I've been eyeing up the Dawes Galaxy (ultra) at Evans cycles, the only bike store I've seen to advertise this scheme. Bad news: apparently my employer has only struck the deal with Halfords which don't appear to have heard of a touring bike!

I come to you and ask if there is any solution; be it using the voucher to cobble together a tourer and utilise these potential vast savings or has anyone any knowledge of this ride to work scheme allowing me to transfer the voucher to another bike store?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...yId_33980_langId_-1_top_Y_topCategoryId_33980

Was hoping this voucher thing would get me on the roads in time for spring but would have to wait some time to wait for the bike I really want.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Get the admin bureaucrats in your firm to extend the scheme to Evans. It only requires somebody to knock out a letter. Just lobby somebody who has enough clout i.e. take it to the top.

andygates

Halfords can order a surprisingly large range of bikes. Mainstream manufacturers only, but there's plenty of decent kit out there. You need to talk to a better Halfords person.

U

User482

My work scheme is Halfords only, yet I managed to get me a very nice Giant Trance, even though they don't sell Giants. Give them a call - I seem to remember they could get most mainstream brands. Would be surprised if they couldn't get Dawes.

OP
OP
M

Magna

You can order any bike up and not exceeding (even with your extra cash) £1000. Just had the documents through.

Now I just have to worry about what size to get, I have no idea although I'm quite averagey for a young male at 5' 9.5". Any advice on getting sixed up for a bike I'll unlikely get to sit on?

Tony

Go to E*ans. Buy something, and get sized while there...

Top Bottom