Dremel and similar tools advice required.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Well! It’s funny what you find when you’re looking for something else!

I just found in the bottom of a box in the garage one of those flexible drives, all I need now is some bits, polishing things, a cutter and wire spinning things.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I got a Dremel for Christmas a few years ago. The pin which is used to lock the shaft is too short which made changing accessories very difficult. This wasn't problematic for long as the motor gave up completely. Used about half a dozen times for a total running time probably less than an hour.
Total garbage, the cheaper ones can't be any worse.

froze

Über Member
I had a cheaper one...never again, the thing didn't have enough power and would stall while using it to buff small parts. Then after if failed which happened just after the warranty expired, I borrowed a friends cheap one which was supposedly better than mine, but it too would stall, his fried as well but he rarely used it. So now I have Dremel which I use for all sorts of things and it doesn't stall nor has it fried in 8 years of use.

tamiya

Dremel does its best work with high RPMs not torque :smile: never let it bog down, just add more revs and let it do the work. No need to press down either.

Have had Dremels in household for 3 perhaps 4 decades now. Our original unit is still around somewhere... it had a rotary speed knob at the blunt end. Current unit is getting on 20yrs... it's good for flex shaft usage. Was wanting a cordless one to supplement & looked at the fullsize lithium model but thought it was too bulky... bought the tiny pen-hold one instead - works a charm even at 10,000rpm limitation.

Diamond discs & tunsten cutters are worthwhile investment, long as you DON'T EVER LOAN THEM OUT :unsure: anyone borrowing the motortool only gets the abrasive discs & sanding rings :ph34r:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm on my second dremel, they're ace. First ones failure was my fault, I left it out in the rain :shy:

It helps that I work for Bosch so I get them at staff price - Dremel is a Bosch brand after all :okay: As was Skil until quite recently, but I digress... Dremel, yes, great tools :laugh:

Top Bottom