Drifting or cruising ? One for our Police friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
It does seem that way (lack of Police on the street)
I remember the coppers on bikes, the local Bobby (PC George), thePCSOs etc. You never see anyone on foot out of town anymore, you'll struggle to see a police car even. It's a bloody miracle the criminal fraternity haven't realised and run riot.
I know it's the times etc but what really grips me is this, like so many funding problems, Local Authorities, Police, hospitals, services etc etc etc, is down to the greedy rich who screwed up the banking system and we're still paying the price and will be for years, while those stinking rich at worst, have to keep their Ferrari for one year before getting a new one (figuratively speaking)
:tongue:rant over :laugh:

Most of the police I know are millionaires, they did not screw up the banking system though.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't imagine PC George actually spotted many crimes taking place and apprehended the felon on the spot , I'm sure his time could have been more effectively used in the interests of public safety etc.
Back in the 80s, car theft was rampant. He knew exactly who were the likely culprits, we all did. I saw him on two occasions arrest lads just up our street, once controlling 4 lads just with his deep , commanding, self assured voice. He was legend round here. :okay: Healthily respected, not just from the neighbourhood, but from the scrotes as well.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Did he say "Evenin' all" ?

DixonofDockGreen.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once had a colleague who had a problem with annoying kids congregating in a layby behind his garden and playing loud music, revving engines, shouting and disturbing everybody. The Police weren't interested so he bought a big catapault and collected a bag of nice round pebbles at the beach then one night, stood behind his house and began firing pebbles over the roof in the direction of the yobs. He actually heard a couple of loud cracks as pebbles hit bodywork and then there was a frantic revving of engines and screeching of tyres as they all shot off down the road. They never came back.

Seems to me you need to be taking some kind of guerrilla action - of course I wouldn't suggest pebbles or nails on the car park, oh no, or maybe pressing the right buttons with local councillors and politicians who will be wanting to make their mark with voters. The Police should be serving Section 59 notices on the drivers for using motor vehicles in a way that causes annoyance or alarm.

keithmac

Guru
I'm surprised they haven't issued section 59's as said above.

Out of the way or not I wouldn't want to be listening to that until 2am..

Maybe buy an old shed of a car and go on a wrecking spree one night..

Top Bottom