Drifting or cruising ? One for our Police friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
A technicality perhaps but we have a long running problem with drifters using a local industrial area many weekend nights. Last night was typical, 2am before they stopped. Local Police seem ultra reluctant to even acknowledge the problem let alone send anyone to what I can only describe as howling engines and tyre noise for hours on end. The area is I believe local council owned.
The annoying thing is even the police seem happy to downgrade the thing to 'cruising' which to me fails to admit there is dangerous driving going on albeit in a very quiet area for traffic,it's effectively off the main roads.
Local mayoral hopeful is involved, Houses of Parliament are aware, local councillors are aware but still it goes on after 3 years...mainly in my opinion because the police failed to ever ever take robust action against them. Fail to take ANY action actually despite a few spectators being hit a couple years ago one injured seriously IIRC.

In essence, are the police playing games by appearing to downgrade to wording to cruising rather that drifting.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
One of these perhaps?

image.jpeg

A Boys rifle. Named after the builder rather than the age group it is aimed at! From the early years of WW2 it fired a .55 armour penetrating round.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
You need deaths for a reaction to stop it ..we hear them often..just kids having fun..at least their not stabbing people and committing burglary..
Yeah I know, in the scheme of things it's small fry but there are maybe 10,000 people in the vicinity and I suspect many, like us can't sleep because of it.

Drago

Legendary Member
They don't have enough staff to cover burglaries and robberies, never mind twots who behave like tools but confine their behaviour to an out the way corner of the world.

First off, I'd research the problem and confirm for sure who owns the industrial estate. Once armed with that knowledge you'll know how best to identify who is responsible for the solution .

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
When has Peterborough had a visible police force ??

It's been years since I saw a copper walking the streets in town.

Having said that, there were 3 of them at the football yesterday.....either keeping order or getting to watch a free game !
It does seem that way (lack of Police on the street)
I remember the coppers on bikes, the local Bobby (PC George), thePCSOs etc. You never see anyone on foot out of town anymore, you'll struggle to see a police car even. It's a bloody miracle the criminal fraternity haven't realised and run riot.
I know it's the times etc but what really grips me is this, like so many funding problems, Local Authorities, Police, hospitals, services etc etc etc, is down to the greedy rich who screwed up the banking system and we're still paying the price and will be for years, while those stinking rich at worst, have to keep their Ferrari for one year before getting a new one (figuratively speaking)
:tongue:rant over :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

They had this problem on a retail park not far from us, the owners put barriers in and some vicious speed bumps, once the last shop closes they close all the gates.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Can't help feeling it's actually far better that they go and twat about on some i dustrial park at night rather than on rural roads where they are far likely to injure or kill some innocent person merely driving or cycling home

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Can't help feeling it's actually far better that they go and twat about on some i dustrial park at night rather than on rural roads where they are far likely to injure or kill some innocent person merely driving or cycling home
To a degree of course I agree....but the estate is bordered by two large housing estates. I live maybe 1/4 mile from it as the crow flies, maybe less. People on the other side of the estate, maybe a mile away hear it as well. As it started last night we contacted the police to get it logged (recommended by the police commissioner and the local mayoral hopeful)...there had already been 16 complaints apparently. The police were 'monitoring' the situation. There will based on that have been many more complaints as the night went on.
Like you say, it's away from the traffic etc....but for three summers now, all you will hear on lovely summers evenings and nights is the howl of engines and tyres till maybe 2 am...usually about 12 to 1 am tbf. Magic :whistle:

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4746274, member: 9609"]there will be more kids die every year due to idiotic driving then stabbing, and there will be many many more innocent people die every year to the driving of idiots than will die during aggravated burglaries.

Beautifully warm sunny day here today, it sounds like I'm living in the middle of the TT races, (and I'm about a mile form the nearest road). So we have that bolloxs all day and come sunset the boy races come out to play in their stupid little cars.

The quicker humans are banned from being in control of motorised vehicles the better. Roll on autonomous technology.[/QUOTE]

Your not wrong sir..we nearly got hit last night by a wandering phone driver..

Just to clarify ...kids will be kids...and we all loved our first car and probably did many naughty things until we realised immortal people are only on the telly...

I hate seeing news of a death crash.but it is an every day thing and maybe it will stop ....but when?

snorri

Legendary Member
It does seem that way (lack of Police on the street)
I remember the coppers on bikes, the local Bobby (PC George), thePCSOs etc. You never see anyone on foot out of town anymore, you'll struggle to see a police car even. It's a bloody miracle the criminal fraternity haven't realised and run riot.
I don't imagine PC George actually spotted many crimes taking place and apprehended the felon on the spot , I'm sure his time could have been more effectively used in the interests of public safety etc.

Top Bottom