Drinking at home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Guinness now popular in Nigeria.What is your fav beer at home.Iam now back on Original Guinness after years of canned draught Guinness.The Original has more body to it .Ichase it with a Highland Park.

stevenb

I'm laying off booze at home...firstly because I'm skint...and secondly I was drinking beer every day....not good. I know it's only 3% volume but I think SKOL has a nice taste and is cheap. It has 'Her Majesty's' emblem of approval on it!!!! Also Labbatts lager. Both in cans. Best bottle beer for me is Grolsch or Kronenburg. I like the Kronenburg Blanc one they do....well nice.

longers

Legendary Member
Most things! But I'm having another week of abstinence - good for the head and the wallet.

Joe

Über Member
I'm kind of giving up drinking but I'm partial to a nice bottle (or five) of Hobgoblin.

Real Ale in bottles when I'm feeling flush, Stella Tortoise for general drinking. Washed down with a nice malt such as Lagavulin, Highland Park or Bruichladdich.

SamNichols

I occasionally drink grolsch, but we've recently been through a leffe phase at home (20 bottles for 10 euros in France). If not, then a nice red wine, mostly French as I prefer it to the new world stuff - a Beaujoulais preferably. And in a spirits mood, then a single malt or a g and t. But, for the most part, I try to keep away from booze as much as possible.

barq said:
Sainsbury's finest Biere des Moulins des Flanders - better known as those cheap stubbies that aren't very strong. :biggrin:

Tesco's 'finest' - Biere Speciale stubbies for me usually, Cobra puts in an appearance with a good curry...;) Mainly Aus/NZ or RSA wine... favourite - was probably a Montana Sauvignon Blanc.

mondobongo

Über Member
Grolsch Swingtops or Heineken are the prefered tipple at home as both are brewed in Holland it annoys me that most of the other beers in the shops that appear to be foreign imports are brewed under licence in the UK.
When it comes to a wee dram have developed a real taste for Islay Malts and am pretty impressed with Waitroses own bottle which is only about £18 otherwise its Ardbeg.

Top Bottom