1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drinking too much coffee

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Lardyboy, 30 Jan 2008.

1. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

Anyone else find this a problem at this time of the morning? I knew it was a mistake turning the damn machine on when I came home from the club!:biggrin:

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Can't have too much coffee!
    Just bought four kilos of Vietnamese coffee to take back with me (it's a quarter of the price here (Cambodia) than buying online in England!

Funnily enough, though, I prefer tea!

3. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

I love coffee but after two pints of the strong stuff i get a right headache........is that normal?

4. walker

walker New Member

I've had to switch to green tea from normal tea as I'm drinking to much of that

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Two cups of strong coffee a day is about right for me, one first thing and one when I get home from work. Rest of the day it's tea! :biggrin:

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

For me it's mostly tea but I usualy have one coffee when I arrive in the office each morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. gavintc

gavintc Guru

One of my New Year's resolutions - drink less coffee. I have cut down significantly - one cup a day and now drink those infusion things. I am actually getting used to them - but a useful side effect is that I drink more water.

8. Twelve cups of coffee minimum before I start work. I try and switch to peppermint tea later in the day.

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

just don't call "instant" coffee, it's just vacuum dust mixed with gravy powder.

yuk

it's got to be filter or espresso based to count as coffee.

10. LLB

LLB Guest

Caffeine increases insulin resistance by 15%. I've just switched to decaf tea and coffee and the headaches have kicked in already :biggrin:

Hopefully will pass quickly

11. yoyo

yoyo Senior Member

One can never have too much coffee! I have been reliably informed that black coffee is beneficial for my health - lucky me!

Yoyo

12. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

I have started drinking redbush tea, I do enjoy an occasional coffee, but mostly I'm a tea sort of person, or water.

13. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Anyone else find coffee goes straight to the bowels? Or is that just me?

14. yello

yello Guru

what? You go straight to the bowels? Whatever floats your boat I guess!

Both tea and coffee go straight through me. I very rarely drink builders tea or instant coffee these days. Instant tastes of nothing but two makes my gut feel bad. For me, it's a single cup of 'proper' coffee (i.e. fresh ground) a day and then only green tea.

15. I don't often drink coffee but I drink a lot of tea and yes it does go through the system slightly faster than other liquids except for beer after Ive 'broken the seal' :biggrin:.