Drinking too much coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Rooibos/red bush is great I think. Not a coffee drinker at all. It takes like mud to me. If I did drink it I'd probably drink it in large quantities though...

toontra

Veteran
linfordlunchbox said:
Caffeine increases insulin resistance by 15%. I've just switched to decaf tea and coffee and the headaches have kicked in already ;)

Hopefully will pass quickly

Should pass in 4 - 6 days. I had what I can only describe as a migraine when I gave up caffeine which lasted for 4 days. Really painful. I also had quite bad stomach cramps and, strangely, sore quads and thighs. Felt as though I'd massively overdone a training session (which I hadn't!)

Shows you how strong that caffeine stuff is. :biggrin:

yoyo

Should pass in 4 - 6 days. I had what I can only describe as a migraine when I gave up caffeine which lasted for 4 days. Really painful. I also had quite bad stomach cramps and, strangely, sore quads and thighs. Felt as though I'd massively overdone a training session (which I hadn't!)

Mr. Yoyo suffered this about three years ago when he decided to give up coffee. He was in such a state he couldn't sit still. I was inwardly frantic but remained cool when I suggested that the two/ three cups a day he consumed weren't that harmful and why give up something he enjoyed in moderation? To my enormous relief his response was to go make himself an espresso. His recovery was instant. He has been drinking coffee ever since.

Abitrary

Coffee prevents alzheimers. Don't know if it's the caffeine or the nutrients in the coffee though that is the active ingredient.

Abitrary said:
Coffee prevents alzheimers. Don't know if it's the caffeine or the nutrients in the coffee though that is the active ingredient.

Well, that's good news. All I need to find out now is that liquorice cigarettes are good for me and I should live forever.

Top Bottom