Drinking while recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What is this 'braining' of which you speak ?

Is that because your head is hanging off the back of your seat .... :ohmy:

starhawk

Anyone tried mounting a cage ...
- on the side of the seat ?
- on the main tube just in front of the seat ?

Still exploring .... mainly 'cos I can't find Scoosh jnr's Hydrapack to try on the back of the seat ! :angry:

^_^
There is mounting points for a bottle cage on the main tube just in front of the seat on mine, a little tricky to reach at the moment, but I have bought a Bottle Cage Riser which will adress that problem

byegad

Legendary Member
If you're laying on the floor, and clinging on so you don't fall off, then you might be drunk.
Nah! Only too drunk to drink if you keep missing your mouth.*

*This does not preclude quaffing which is drinking heartily while spilling some of the drink out of the sides of your mouth. Only if you raise your glass and pour it into your ear, eye or miss you entirely.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
This does not preclude quaffing which is drinking heartily while spilling some of the drink out of the sides of your mouth. Only if you raise your glass and pour it into your ear, eye or miss you entirely.
It is widely believed that byegad has experience in this method of not fully consuming his beverages. :secret:

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
On my Fuego I've fitted a cage to the top side of my steerer. I used the plastic mounting clips over thin rubber bands and it has not moved. The only criticism is of the bottle cage itself. It is a tad wide and sometimes brushes my knees. There are narrower cages and when I get round to it I will replace the cage.
I've gone this way too and it's quite a clever method of attaching a bottle-cage to any tubular surface, IMHO.

Thanks, SWSBR.

starhawk

Both and they both work. Although the 'on the tube' mount needs a bit of a stretch, especially if you are laid well back.
Ever heard of the "Bottle cage riser" it turns the bootle cage around an raises it so it is basically aimed at you. Just pull it towards you, piece of cake really! Done for the ICE trike but would fit any trike.

My tuppenceworth, if its not too late. I prefer drinking from a tube than a bottle, cos it's easier to take frequent small sips. But it's tricky to fit a bladder without it flopping about and catching in something mechanical. So I fitted a bottle cage to the back of my seat, cut the top off the rubber "spout" from the cap of my water bottle, and fed a drinking tube (nicked from an old bladder) through it and into the bottle. I slip the bottle into place behind my head, and run the drinking tube over my shoulder. I keep the tube in place with a short length of elastic fixed midway along the tube and attached to the top of the seat back; this stops it falling into the rear wheel and ensures that the tube is always hanging snug over my shoulder and very easy to grab to sip from.

Another plus with this system; if you don't push the tube all the way to the bottom of the bottle you'll know when you're nearly empty before you run totally dry. Then just push the tube all the way down to run on "reserve".

Works for me.

Top Bottom