Driver cuts off cyclist on roundabout and ends up with fines and costs totalling £1100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Similar happened to me last week. Cycling to my voluntary work location, on the main road and a van driver emerged from a side road; I was clearly in view, and he must have decided 'sod you, you're only a cyclist' and continued over the give way lines, missing me by about 1.5 metres.

ricknmorty28

that's brilliant that they got fined for that, feel like as cyclists we have to be careful nowadays, people on the roads just are careless. I always think if you're on the road to consider protection i got mine from sports fs :smile: hope everyone is keeping safe out there!

Jameshow

Veteran
Scariest roundabout near me is where a 50+++mph dual a650 ends into a 40mph local road.

You wonder if drivers have seen you tbh?

I trip and make myself as big as possible with lights in thier faces or riding out the saddle / changing road position so that they see me....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Scariest roundabout near me is where a 50+++mph dual a650 ends into a 40mph local road.

You wonder if drivers have seen you tbh?

I trip and make myself as big as possible with lights in thier faces or riding out the saddle / changing road position so that they see me....
Shining lights in drivers' faces is a way to ensure they can't see you, isn't it? As well as being illegal, so much as anyone cares about that any more.

Jameshow

Veteran
I meant making sure they see a moving cyclist by a wiggle of the handlebars to get thier attention esp at dusk.

simongt

Guru
When cycling ( and driving come to that ), my main concern on roundabouts is the increasing number of motorists who don't bother indicating at all, or only as they're exiting the roundabout.
Not much help for those trying to access said roundabout. :whistle:

When cycling ( and driving come to that ), my main concern on roundabouts is the increasing number of motorists who don't bother indicating at all, or only as they're exiting the roundabout.
Not much help for those trying to access said roundabout. :whistle:

My pet hate near McDonalds near us
The angle of the road coming from my left is such that people going straight on is the same as those turning left - so you have no way to know which way they are going until they are past the point where you can move out

Mind you - I do occasionally forget my self but when I do I always give myself a good talking to :angel:

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ nice to see you back @Drago

Top Bottom