Driver decides to mark my anniversary...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looked as if your waving hand was actually over the nearside wheel and part of the tracks ofn the digger but that might have been the distortion of the camera angle. Either way it was to close especialy as he was turning off to the left and didn't need to pass you at all.
I had some thing similar happen to returning from the opticians the other day only mine was a motor-home who overtook me into oncoming trraffic and then started to pull back in while only halfway past me when he found he hadn't got the room after all. Bar steward :rolleyes: .

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Nasty that, MT.

A couple of weeks ago (don't have a camera) an artic passed me on a country road, It passed me with about 4 feet to spare from the tractor unit, then started to pull back in. Slowly, I realised that without DRASTIC action (by me) I was going to go under the trailer wheels. Sure enough as the rear sets of trailer wheels drew level I was being squezed towards the verge. Instictively I stood up on the pedals, and with a quick jump, I bunny hopped off the road onto the grass verge, still doing 15mph.

In all the excitement I didn't get the number or name of the haulier, but a following white volvo gave me a wide berth, so MUST have seen it happen?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

There's been an interesting development. I got a call from Morrison Utilities yesterday. The lady who called and one of the managers want to meet with me. They didn't mention what about, and I didn't ask, but they have arranged to pop over to my work on Monday at lunch time. I'm very interested to hear what they say! :biggrin:
I'll keep you informed.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
There's been an interesting development. I got a call from Morrison Utilities yesterday. The lady who called and one of the managers want to meet with me. They didn't mention what about, and I didn't ask, but they have arranged to pop over to my work on Monday at lunch time. I'm very interested to hear what they say! :biggrin:
I'll keep you informed.

Good luck with that. I reported a Morrisons Utility driver for using his phone whilst driving, and when challenged shouted, 'Bollix'

Didn't hear anything from them.:biggrin:

T'will be interesting to hear what they have to say to you, "Sorry" would be a good start.
I wonder sometimes if incidents like these are manna from heaven for the companies concerned if they've got a 'diffcult' employee and want a reason to be shot of them, or at least give them a disciplinary.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Nasty mate. Very close indeed. Would have scared the sh1t out of me.

Aye it was. This is one of the situations where in real life it seemed even closer than the video already suggests. I just remember looking down (my camera is tilted slightly up) and seeing the trailer passing within cms of my foot and front wheel.

I'm very interested to hear what they have to say.....

OP
OP
M

magnatom

:huh:

That was a very strange meeting. I met with one of the local managers and a PA (I think). We sat down and the manager apologised for and on behalf of the driver for his driving. He also suggested that he would be dealt with as per company procedure etc. I suggested that I was a little surprised that they wanted to meet, face to face, and he suggested that, that is how they do it, the personal touch.

They thank me again, get up and leave. About 2 minutes 30 seconds I reckon! PA didn't say a word, just smiled. :rolleyes:

To me, it seemed as if the manager didn't want to be there, and felt a little embarrassed. To be fair, considering the situation, I don't blame him. It all felt a little contrived.

However, they certainly made the effort and for that I applaud them. :smile:

I must admit though, I think I prefer a letter or an e-mail!

So remember folks, if you ever have a run in with a Morrison Utility vehicle, you'll get a wee visit. :biggrin:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
:huh:

That was a very strange meeting. I met with one of the local managers and a PA (I think). We sat down and the manager apologised for and on behalf of the driver for his driving. He also suggested that he would be dealt with as per company procedure etc. I suggested that I was a little surprised that they wanted to meet, face to face, and he suggested that, that is how they do it, the personal touch.

They thank me again, get up and leave. About 2 minutes 30 seconds I reckon! PA didn't say a word, just smiled. :rolleyes:

To me, it seemed as if the manager didn't want to be there, and felt a little embarrassed. To be fair, considering the situation, I don't blame him. It all felt a little contrived.

However, they certainly made the effort and for that I applaud them. :smile:

I must admit though, I think I prefer a letter or an e-mail!

So remember folks, if you ever have a run in with a Morrison Utility vehicle, you'll get a wee visit. :biggrin:

Clever.

A personal visit has many benifits from their perspective and hopefully from yours too.

Top Bottom