Driver using mobile phone .........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Lizban said:
Oh come on. Taking action that is proportinate and reasonable is fine - in this case the other posters were neither.

Given that phone driving and drink driving are of roughly comparable stupidity and danger to others, that's a fair response from Crankarm. Are you a phone driving apologist?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
BentMikey said:
Given that phone driving and drink driving are of roughly comparable stupidity and danger to others, that's a fair response from Crankarm. Are you a phone driving apologist?

I would go further BM and suggest that Lizban is an active mobile phone toting driver or has been one of the few that have been caught :laugh:.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
BM, have a suspicion reading Lizban's post again that she was agreeing with Crankarm and accusing the other earlier posters of not being reasonable in their objection to his action... might be wrong!

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
:rofl:
trsleigh said:
Whenever I've thought about doing this, I would probably put the keys/mobile in a nearby postbox.
Luckily I've never got annoyed enough to do it. In fact it seems to me that West London drivers are remarkably sane compared to some of the idiots we hear about on here.

Anyway well done Crankarm :smile:

Interesting one. Especially if there were an all out post strike..........

I wouldn't want to do anything that caused damage or under scrutiny was wholly unreasonable. I figure I got it about right.

On reflection the cop shop where I reported the previous mobile phone taxi driver which the plods weren't interested in, was just several minutes up the road. I should have told the woman I was taking her keys there for safe keeping and her collection :biggrin::laugh::laugh:.

Lizban

Crankarm said:
I would go further BM and suggest that Lizban is an active mobile phone toting driver or has been one of the few that have been caught :rofl:.

Another example of the polite and rational thinking that is exhibited on this forum. (You may want to re read the posts to see I condem the drivers actions as well)

The inflexibility of peoples' views and inability to consider the other side is astounding- but makes it rather interesting none the less.

Good luck with your one man crusade against the wrongs of the world. Just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat - and that you normally catch more with honey rather than vinegar.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What's the other point of view? "I'm a 'kin criminal and you shouldn't tell me what to do. WAAAAAAAAA!". Crankarm didn't do anything wrong, legally or morally, unlike the driver.

All your standing aside, doing nothing and being selfish is exactly what society needs, isn't it? I'd *really* want you as a friend when I'm in need.

HobbesChoice

BentMikey said:
What's the other point of view? "I'm a 'kin criminal and you shouldn't tell me what to do. WAAAAAAAAA!". Crankarm didn't do anything wrong, legally or morally, unlike the driver.

All your standing aside, doing nothing and being selfish is exactly what society needs, isn't it? I'd *really* want you as a friend when I'm in need.

+1

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
BentMikey said:

Well, technically I suppose they could say he took the keys without the owner's consent.. which is effectively stealing... but she sounded like she needed some exercise in getting them back anyway. :rofl:;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Well, technically I suppose they could say he took the keys without the owner's consent.. which is effectively stealing... but she sounded like she needed some exercise in getting them back anyway. :rofl:;)

I've seen some coppers and lawyers post on this in the past, and I think with his actions there is no illegality, and you should make it clear to the driver how they will get their keys back and without unreasonable delay. I'm no expert though.

Lizban

BentMikey said:

Wow you really do have an over reaction button!

thomas said:
I do find it funny, but don't think it's a sensible thing to do to be honest.

If it was a massive, rugby player I bet you wouldn't have. If the police had seen, it would probably be you in trouble.
#

Of course it's not a sensible thing to do, however correct the reasoning behind it is. As you say, Crankarm could have been beaten up, or she could have turned the car around and driven over him. And, as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't like to be the next cyclist she sees on the road in front of her.

Top Bottom