Driving licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Or go all William "D-Fens" Foster on the other motorists.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Who is Charlie Watts anyhoo?
Invented the steam engine?
Car companies have the most oddest advertising. We have one company (rhymes with bissan) which advertises cars climbing up buildings.
Those ones where the city becomes the drivers' plaything, or morphs around them I find particularly irritating.

As for the OP, I've never found driving to be anything other than a tedious chore. Maybe some rich folks think that too.

Tim Hall

Car companies have the most oddest advertising. We have one company (rhymes with bissan) which advertises cars climbing up buildings.

Another company suggests their cars can zoom zoom everywhere (rhymes with bazda).

Another one talks of joy (BM double U).

The other day I was going past a car dealer with a n advert about driving enjoyment on its bill board while outside the dealer was chock full of traffic.if I had more time i would have taken a photo of the billboard with the traffic in the background.

As soon as I sit in the car, I just sit in traffic. I should sell my car.
Why didn't you write "Nissan", "Mazda" and "BMW"?

Drago

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with having one, if that's your thing. Its the futility of having one if you're not capable of driving it around a corner without crashing.

Nothing wrong with having one, if that's your thing. Its the futility of having one if you're not capable of driving it around a corner without crashing.
For me I'd want a nice Mercedes estate, the sort that says 'well-off and retired'. To drive me in comfort around the gloriously flowing roads of the Highlands. No more danger of crashing than in my current more modest steed.

classic33

Leg End Member
In Ireland I believe in the late 80s or early 90's there was a back log of driving tests so they just passed everyone :laugh: At the same time there was no MOT test (now NCT). As a result you had a whole load of people driving round with driving licences that had never passed their test and in dodgy motors; what could go wrong :ohmy:
Introduced as the NCT, administered/run by a private company.
New cars were failed.

Top Bottom