Driving without due care and attention

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pics........

A silly bint was driving behind my missus for a few miles, applying make up. Guess what, said person drove into the back of our car when stationery, and the 'legal' battle is still going on to prove liability - flippin crazy........obviously wasn't the person who went into the back of us, how could she be at fault.....

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
fossyant said:
Pics........

A silly bint was driving behind my missus for a few miles, applying make up. Guess what, said person drove into the back of our car when stationery, and the 'legal' battle is still going on to prove liability - flippin crazy........obviously wasn't the person who went into the back of us, how could she be at fault.....
That is crazy, unless your wifes car's brake lights didn't work, then it's an open and shut case. you should leave enough distance to the car infront so you have time to react and brake, if you don't. your fault!

bauldbairn

fossyant said:
A silly bint...applying make up.

I was driving back from a meeting with Dundee City Council to Falkirk one afternoon last year, sat behind a Ford KA. The KA was in the overtaking lane of the motorway - not overtaking, just sitting there. So after 20 miles at 50mph a safe distance behind this KA and with motorists pilling up behind me(as far back as the eye can see), I decide on the inevitable - an undertake.:biggrin:
Whilst executing my fast manouver(70+), I quickly glance to my right to see a young lady(late teens) applying make up/on the phone/and reading something(held on the steering wheel) - classic multitasking. Thankfully the undertake had the desired effect as she came out of her trance - moved over to a more suitable position on the road for her speed. Thus allowing many other motorists to overtake her and me to get about their business. This young lady had driven for more than 20 mins without looking in her rear mirror or without being aware of what is going on around her.:tongue:

Armegatron

Drove into work earlier this week, and had a woman behind me chatting away on her phone. When we stopped at the roundabout I popped my head out the window and told her to get off the phone. She didnt bother, and instead was shuffling on the passenger seat for something. I waved my phone at her incase she didnt understand - still she didnt get off it. By this point I was late for work so unfortunatly left it there, but in hindsight Id have sat there waiting for her to get off it, or opened my door to scare her into thinking I was going to shove it where the sun didnt shine :sad:.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I was a passenger in a car last night coming back from the supermarket. Car in front was going a bit wobbly all over the road, losts of late braking, then shot off at speed (40 limit, but cars less than 50ft in front in slow moving traffic) nearly rear ending the little old dear in front. Road gets wider after the lights near the fire station on bursledon road, southampton, and she swings around the old dear and guns it to the lights after they'd just gone red. Panicked and hammered on the brakes again.

Lights change and she shot off at about 50 as it changed to 30. Took a photo at the lights earlier but cant see what she was up to and why so erratic.

It is sad reading about the stupid brain dead things people get up to.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't mind them killing or maiming themselves but their stupidity usually means innocent people get hurt.:laugh:

Top Bottom