Drones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Using the word underwear to describe Drago cruddy things loosely
To be fair I did suffix it with "type thingies".

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Catapult.. Job done

Edit: for the drone, not underwear
Use the undies as a catapault 😉 Im guessing, stringy types are best.

Ps: the only illegality there is perhaps not being a tested flyer, marked drone etc (as per the CAA registration scheme for uav and rc over 250g.

The airspace above your property is not yours. Providing drone code is followed re take off area and distance from buildings/people there's not a lot can be done. Shooting it down would still be criminal damage

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Ps: the only illegality there is perhaps not being a tested flyer, marked drone etc (as per the CAA registration scheme for uav and rc over 250g.

The airspace above your property is not yours. Providing drone code is followed re take off area and distance from buildings/people there's not a lot can be done. Shooting it down would still be criminal damage great fun.
Edited your typo.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I know that drone footage has been used to great extent by the environment agency to monitor recent flooding.

Don’t use a catapult. They aren’t very accurate. Plus you have to consider where is your projectile going to land?

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd rather not think about Drago's cruddy underwear........I had enough of that working in reception in the prison service......especially after a long weekend in the cells for some of them! xx(
You'd have thought they'd allowed you to answer "natures call"!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My son was taking microlight flying lessons and was told it was illegal to use a camera even over his own house. No idea of the truth of this but the same would surely apply to drones although I think there was a height restriction involved as well.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

The airspace above your property is not yours. Providing drone code is followed re take off area and distance from buildings/people there's not a lot can be done. Shooting it down would still be criminal damage
The police seemed to think it was serious ( i called 101 ) They said if it appears again to call them and gave me a crime reference .
Thinking about it more , i assumed it was looking at me working on my bonsai trees but it could quite of easily been a nonce watching next doors kids playing in the garden . Whatever it was doing it was looking rather than someone just flying a toy around .

T.M.H.N.E.T

The police seemed to think it was serious ( i called 101 ) They said if it appears again to call them and gave me a crime reference .
Thinking about it more , i assumed it was looking at me working on my bonsai trees but it could quite of easily been a nonce watching next doors kids playing in the garden . Whatever it was doing it was looking rather than someone just flying a toy around .
It's a matter of time before drones are used to scope out crime targets I suppose

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just had a look at the rules for drones and it seems flying them where i live is almost half a mile inside the exclusion zone for Heathrow airport . Its also not legal to fly them over property that isnt under your control .
Cant wait to see it again and follow it home ^_^

T.M.H.N.E.T

Just had a look at the rules for drones and it seems flying them where i live is almost half a mile inside the exclusion zone for Heathrow airport . Its also not legal to fly them over property that isnt under your control .
Cant wait to see it again and follow it home ^_^
It's definitely not being operated legally, and also definitely doesn't have GPS otherwise it wouldn't even leave the ground. They will literally not even spin the props

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Had one slowly hover over mine and my neighbors back gardens today and then come back and hover over me for a few minutes .
Looking forward to seeing where it lands now i know its about .

If it’s flying slowly, get your binoculars out and check for the operator id number which must be shown. It would be something like OP-NG4XNLQ. Of course, since it’s being flown illegally it probably won’t have that.

Top Bottom