Drool-worthy Track Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpemburn

Curiosity drove me to look at the fixie listings on eBay this morning. If I do get one, it will be a cheapie, but I couldn’t help but salivate over this item:
9910BB84-54FC-4A48-8C15-4CE31D1489EA.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114942432232?hash=item1ac31a53e8:g:-S0AAOSw89thHRTZ&LH_ItemCondition=3000

D

Deleted member 1258

Curiosity drove me to look at the fixie listings on eBay this morning. If I do get one, it will be a cheapie, but I couldn’t help but salivate over this item:
View attachment 622739

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114942432232?hash=item1ac31a53e8:g:-S0AAOSw89thHRTZ&LH_ItemCondition=3000

How much!!!

So its his best bike but hes not ridden it for 10 years ? It's not what I expected to see given the title. You could have bought Gannas track bike for less than that the other month. ;-)

OP
OP
mpemburn

mpemburn

It was "!!!" as opposed to "?"... :whistle:

That's (British) English for "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", roughly translated as "I say, that is an awful lot of cash for a bike that doesn't even have pedals or a chain, don't you think, old chap?" :laugh:

I only speak British as a second language. Been taking lessons from Terry Pratchett. ;-)

OP
OP
mpemburn

mpemburn

Ouch price-wise.

This is son no 2's:

View attachment 622749

And mine:

View attachment 622750

However, the $2000 looks cheap in comparison to the cost of a disc/5-spoke set-up, let alone the frame and other components.
Hawt lookin’ two-wheelers alright! ^_^

So you’re saying that $2K is a decent price given the components? Interesting. It’s not anything I would pursue given a) no budget for such things and b) my back would have strong words with me.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Its a lot of cash for a bike that seems to have been built from odds and sods.

Once you add up the 'odds and sods', particularly the Japanese NJS kit, the value goes up rapidly.

Hawt lookin’ two-wheelers alright! ^_^

So you’re saying that $2K is a decent price given the components? Interesting. It’s not anything I would pursue given a) no budget for such things and b) my back would have strong words with me.

The frame's worth about £200-250, the rear disc £400-500, the front aerospoke £100-200. Add in the NJS components £400-600, the crankset as @midlife has identified £200-250 plus other bits then it's probably worth that much.

It's a kilo track bike though, designed for 1km speed events rather than broader track racing and would struggle outside of pure speed events.

Top Bottom