Drops or flats

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by vbc, 19 Sep 2007.

1. Following on from greenmark above I am interested in fitting aero bars on my bike (stanard road racer with drops). I have only just got it as I had lots of problems with wrist and hand pain (old problem from work) with the flats on a Mountain bike.
    Is anyone using Aero bars on general touring say on 20-40 mile road runs?
    If so have you shifted the STI's onto the Aero or left them on the drops?

2. psmiffy

psmiffy -

at the risk of being repetively boring I use a flat wrapround pseudo-aero bar - loadsa hand positions and allows me to be stretched out or upright at my whim - problem i see with butterfly bars is that you end up too upright most of the time unless you use a stem about a foot long (300mm for those post decimel)

controls stay where you expect them on flat bars - easy to move hands from wherevever - anyway generally braking I like to be well balanced and relaxed with weight slightly more on rear for control through hairpins etc - therefore it it all seems to work very well

[​IMG]http://picasaweb.google.com/psmiffyphoto/WraproundHandleBar/photo#4991287720042233874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice