Drops to flatbar..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying start

Veteran
Hi all, I have a kinesis G2 gravel bike that's running sram apex 1 1x11 and on drop bars. I'm looking to swap out the drops to a flat bar. Is there any flatbar shifters and hydraulic brake leavers I can use with the apex 1 set up? Or would I need to change the group set to the likes of shimano gxp that would be compatible with a mtb deore leaver and the likes of a tiara shifer? Anyhelp will be much appreciated. Regards lee.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This could be potentially costly. Might be cheaper for you to get another bike (second hand)

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi all, I have a kinesis G2 gravel bike that's running sram apex 1 1x11 and on drop bars. I'm looking to swap out the drops to a flat bar. Is there any flatbar shifters and hydraulic brake leavers I can use with the apex 1 set up? Or would I need to change the group set to the likes of shimano gxp that would be compatible with a mtb deore leaver and the likes of a tiara shifer? Anyhelp will be much appreciated. Regards lee.

Check the geometry, you might find it’s too small once converted (I had the same issue, even 3cm more stem was no good!)
I’d sell and buy a used flatbar in the correct size. Look at the Whyte R7 models :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom