Drug cheats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

There have been many over the years in all sports. Even snooker with Neil Foulds taking beta blockers :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, out them all this guy took the biscuit !!

20030503002206002.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Nah.

carl_lewis.jpg

was better.

Greedo said:
There have been many over the years in all sports. Even snooker with Neil Foulds taking beta blockers :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, out them all this guy took the biscuit !!

20030503002206002.jpg
That's Ben Johnson isn't it? I remember the scandal well, but it was years ago, and that guy paid the penalty I think.

I take beta-blockers :laugh::sad: - but it's for medical reasons and I'm not a sportsman...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
661-Pete said:
That's Ben Johnson isn't it? I remember the scandal well, but it was years ago, and that guy paid the penalty I think.

He did indeed. Big time. He was basically a kid from a poor community who worshipped his coach (who died recently) and did everything that he thought was good for him. I think that is probably quite common. Of course, it's easy for British people to point at foreign drugs cheats because we don't have any, do we? Or more to the point, if we do, they still don't win! ;)

mangaman

wafflycat said:
Should I ever wish to compete in just about any sport I think I'd be banned as I have two banned substances I have to take for medical conditions!

It can be a problem.

I was a juniour doctor a while back and prescribed beta blockers to an older lady. She came back a few weeks later, furious, as she was in the England Bowling Team and had been banned ;)

mangaman

Tennis players make me laugh

Rusedski failed but was let off when he claimed it was a sport's drink that was tainted

Gasquet, who gave Murray a tough time on Monday, was banned for cocaine, but forgiven as he claimed he got it from kissing a girl in a nightclub??

For such elite athletes, it's quite hard to be done for doping in tennis, even if you have a positive test. ;)

PS I agree with FM regarding Ben Jonson. I believe it's true that every runner in that final has tested positive since (or been busted in some other way) and Jonson was the scapegoat

Chrisz said:
True, but aren't you being rather insensitive, seeing as Tom Simpson paid the ultimate possible 'price' for his 'cheating'? I for one would not dance on someone's grave.

mangaman said:
PS I agree with FM regarding Ben Jonson. I believe it's true that every runner in that final has tested positive since (or been busted in some other way) and Jonson was the scapegoat

Ben Johnson, after serving his ban, came back and was tested positive again, FFS!

But Mr Squeaky Clean Lewis surely is the biggest cheat, given the number of Olympic golds he 'won' and his holier than thou condemnation of 'drug cheats'!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Lewis#Stimulant_use

'Inadvertant use', yeah, bollocks! Didn't help Alain Baxter!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Baxter#Medal_appeal_controversy

Top Bottom