Drug driving overtakes drunk driving as convictions soar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't start me...

It's no surprise to me. Everytime I go out on my bike at least one car passes me leaving a smell of cannabis behind it.

Yes, I'm happy that at least some doped-up eejits are on the bus and not in/on their own vehicles. On the bus they're not a danger to others, just a blethering annoyance and a nauseating stink. Mind you, I vastly prefer the smell of cannabis to the smell of plain tobacco so I wouldn't go back to the old days in that respect!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I heard a chap being interviewed re drug driving..
Unlike an alcohol test, then retest at the police station, then, if positive, banned within a week, drug retests can take up to five months for a definitive result.
This creates the problem that if a charge has not been brought within 6 months ( @Drago will correct if I'm wrong) it has to be dropped.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
On a dark night I would rather meet a couple of lads who have had cannabis than alcohol.

Either one could drive into you through impairment

classic33

Leg End Member
Yep, but the drugged ones are more likely to ring for an ambulance rather than give you a kicking for being a cyclist and in the way.
I got hit by one driver, who when tested failed both roadside tests. His greatest concern was to get me to stop calling for help. On the phone, his shouts/threats were clear to the person handling the call. I was kept on the line until a uniformed officer got there.

Top Bottom