Drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Just watching a new world record being set on the BBC Olympics coverage. A thought has just occurred to me that there is a change that could be made in professional sport that would eliminate the current problem with drugs in a stroke. Some people may not like my solution though!!! ;)

TVC

Do tell

MessenJah

Rider
Forcing athletes to take drugs is the only way to end the drugs problem. If everyone's doing it, then there's no problem.

edit: damn, I spent too long writing that, col got in first.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Exactly, two people have cottoned on. We simply stop banning them. No more problem. If all the athletes are receiving the same performance enhancers then you level the playing field once more and get a true test of individual ability.

cycling fisherman

so domtyler you condone the use of drugs in olympic sports do you ?

We simply stop banning them. No more problem

Is that really what you think ?

honestly ?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a naive assumption that drugs give the same amount of "extra" to each athlete.

that said, if certain substances can be shown to have no long term health implications, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
All performance enhancing drugs have long term health implications, as far as I know. If you make them legal then you are forcing everyone to use them as it would be impossible to be competitive without drugs.

Can you imagine the implications if the chemists were given free rein in the development of stimulants?

yenrod

The Drugs Debate is a massive one.

Still, isn't it normal for a human to cheat - in regards to anothers' seperance :blush:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
cycling fisherman said:
so domtyler you condone the use of drugs in olympic sports do you ?

Is that really what you think ?

honestly ?

What I think does not matter as I don't work in the field or have any friends or family members who are pro athletes.

It is not a matter of condoning anyway. It is a matter of discussing a very complicated subject. In any case, it is a huge sticking point that all clean athletes would be effectively forced to either take the drugs or quit.

col

Legendary Member
MessenJah said:
Forcing athletes to take drugs is the only way to end the drugs problem. If everyone's doing it, then there's no problem.

edit: damn, I spent too long writing that, col got in first.

;) i only wrote a short sentence

MessenJah

Rider
col said:
;) i only wrote a short sentence

Aye... you must have replied before I even read the thread... I had a few other threads open at the same time; this thread was one of the last that I clicked, so it was a while before I got round to actually reading it and replying.

Top Bottom