Drying Clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James Blackwell

I have seen a thread for drying clothes when its wet weather, thats cool I have a spare changing room and good radiators at work.

But what are you all doing to dry the sweat soaked lycra in the office in this weather? I have tried hanging it all out on the radiator hoping the residual heat will help, but its still wet.

No server room.

Tips welcome.

James

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hanging mine up in an open window on the sunny side of the office works well. Depends on the office layout somewhat, though.. and I nearly got shot by our IT manager when I put it in the server room !

speccy1

I hang mine up by the window, dries in no time. Worst thing is when I forget, and my kit has been left as a stinking heap all day - and then I have to put it back on to go home:eek::eek:xx(

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm not wearing black, wearing technical walking clothes instead of Lycra (or my usual cotton), not riding fast enough to sweat, sitting up a bit more to get a bit more airflow to keep me cooled (not my usual "Dutch tri-bar" pose in rural areas), so there's nothing to dry. I was thinking about this sort of thing as I pootled along today and how it's contrary to the aero/full-gas way that most people in this country are encouraged to ride.

OP
OP
James Blackwell

James Blackwell

Cheers guys,
Finding a window is probably my best bet. I also rinsed my stuff out in the morning, that allowed it to dry quicker than it does if I just hang it up.

Cheers.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We weren't allowed to put our stuff in the open plan office, but we did get a handy drying cabinet. Hated it when a heavy smoker would put his nmotorbike jacket in there when it had been raining, wet stinking ciggy clothing, horrible.

Prior to working in open plan, I hung my clothes with hangers from a shelf and used a desk fan to dry them out.